Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Foods, New Friends, New Inspirations!



















SO today is day 4 on my journey towards ultimate health by eating a 90-100% raw foods diet!  Yay!  I am feeling really good physically - lots of energy, clear headed, more peaceful, and definitely attuned to new possibilities as I go about my day.  :)  Smoothie this morning was the same as yesterday - greens, berries, tropical fruits, rice protein, etc.

Yesterday I was out of the house most of the day, and I ate 2 salads, 2 veggie soups, water and a bit of lemonade.  I was mostly raw, which is great since I didn't have my meals planned out at all.  I could have very easily eaten a cookie or a sand which at Paradise Bakery.  I cannot believe I said no to the free chocolate chip cookie that was supposed  be included with my soup and salad combo... I am really doing things differently this time, and I am not letting a little possible temptation bother me.  I really feel in control, and it is so empowering.  ;)

Honestly, I don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything!  I am truly enjoying eating the rich, colorful, vibrant salads, salsas, smoothies, etc.  I feel like the food is tingling on my tongue, like I had forgotten what real food tasted like, and now I am welcoming my long lost friend home.  It may sound a bit corny, but it is like a part of myself has been awakened, and I am so deeply grateful.

Today was an amazing day of learning about essential oils used in aroma therapy.  The class was from 9am to 4pm and I was a bit concerned about what foods would be offered at lunch.  I went prepared with extra smoothie and 2 apples in case I needed special food. Fortunately, there were 2 different salads, celery and carrot sticks, and some nice nuts.  There were some great people  to chat with, and it was just such a blessing of a day.  I cannot wait for the next class!

Tonight we made a huge salad with greens from our garden which included - collards, kale, Swiss chard, parsley, basil, Greek olives, soaked pine nuts, red bell pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.   Soooooo yummy!  I swear, I crave this salad it is so good!  We also had some quinoa and lentils and peas.  (Some spicy Indian dishes that were not raw, but still vegetarian and very warming).  This was the only part of the day that  I wasn't raw.

I also decided to make raw organic corn chips and fresh salsa for a super bowl party we are attending tomorrow. I have included pics of the chips before going into the dehydrator, and half way done, as well as the salsa.  My hubby is my taste tester, and he said the salsa is amazing!  :)

I am having so much fun being creative with what foods to make and using all the freshest ingredients available.  Living foods - I think there really is something to the idea of eating food with all the living enzymes, life energy, vitamins and nutrients still intact.  I definitely feel more alive!  :)

Enjoy the pics, and happy healthy eating!  I am one day closer to being cured!
Jeanette





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found something to bring you excitement! I hope this diet is just what your body needs to support you :) Love the pics!

    Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete