Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Detoxing?

SO the last couple of days have been pretty good - I will post some pics of my yummy salads later.

I have been tempted here and there, just a couple of bites of skillet red potatoes, a couple of corn chips, that kind of thing.  I have stuck to about 90 percent raw, but even only eating a little bit of cooked food, I am noticing some unpleasantness! 

Before I started back on this diet, I did the Master Cleanse for 10 days, and modified it for 14.  I figured I was pretty "cleansed" and I took it slow with introducing solid foods back in.  Well, I am now at the point where anything heavy or cooked is making me bloated, sick to my stomach, and cramping in the intestines, like the start of a nasty Crohns flare.  I have stayed away from dairy, wheat and soy, but I am even reacting to potatoes?  I didn't know I could get heartburn from 4 bites of potatoes?  (I made the potatoes for my son, kept it really simple, not spicy, and all organic ingredients and herbs.  The ingredients: sweet yellow onion, garlic, red potato, olive oil, sea salt, rosemary, thyme, marjoram.  My body does not usually react to onion or garlic - I use those 2 things in everything!)  I did have a little bit of raw ketchup - maybe it was the tomato?

Anyway, back to avoiding tomatoes.  The salsa I made for the Superbowl was very yummy, and I didn't seem to react to it, but maybe the reaction was delayed.  Arg.  

My weight is fluctuating 2-3 lbs a day, so no real loss to report yet.

I have been feeling really good energetically - The past few days I was having trouble going to bed and falling asleep  I had so much energy!  :)  I do think I am detoxing some, as my skin is changing and I am running to the bathroom - not a flare-up.  I am also more tired today, so I think my body just needs a rest.

Tomorrow I am going to stick with carrots, spinach and apples, all juiced.  Very soothing, simple stuff.  I think my intestines just need another rest.  I'll let you know how that goes!

Party at Aidan's school tomorrow - lots of sugary treats to try to keep him from eating.  Yay. But it will be fun to see the farm animals they bring in, and to see how the boys interact with everything.  :)

I hope everyone is well, and I'll post some pics later!

To your happy, healthy, blissful journey!
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment