Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Rawsome Journey - Day 1


Today is the first day I recommit to the raw/vegan/living foods lifestyle.   My main reason for choosing this diet is to help manage and eventually heal Crohns Disease.  I have been vegetarian, and mostly wheat/dairy/soy free for 3 years, and about half that time I was 80% raw.

I am posting on this blog to inform friends and family what it is I eat every day.  (I think everyone imagines me sitting in the garden munching on handfuls of dirt and green lettuce).  :)

I am hoping that by sharing my triumphs,  my setbacks, and my joys, I will feel motivated to be consistent and focused on my health.  I have struggled for so long with many health issues, and it is just time that enough is enough.  I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!  I know that I feel truly amazing on a raw food diet, as long as I watch the foods that can aggravate the Crohns symptoms, so I am moving forward by going back to something that really has worked for me in the past.

This is only another phase in my journey to health, and I am truly ready to pull out all the stops!  There will be ups and downs, but I know that it is time for me to embrace the potential I have inside.  I hope you enjoy my story, and that some part of it inspires you to try something new, learn something new, and possibly to even take charge of your own health.

Love and light and healing foods!
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment